CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Home

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Share the Aloha Spirit!


Last night at 10:30pm the phone rang. "Hello, Daughters of St Paul." "Oh I missed the flight and got stuck at the airport. Can I stay at your place?" Half asleep I was trying to listen carefully to the person on the other line. The voice sounds familiar. Oh it's Sr Lydia, a Notre Dame sister from Guam who is on her way to the mainland.
I rushed to the airport and found out that I could not stay at the curve for long. I made three rounds. There's no sight of Sr Lydia. Then I asked myself "was that phone call for real...or was I dreaming?" Thank goodness, I decided to go to the Departure section to see if I can get a glimpse of Sr Lydia. Sure enough, she was there. At last...I was not dreaming. It's for REAL!
Then wouldn't you know..4:30am came so sudden. That's when we drop Sr Lydia off to the airport. Even though it was a brief encounter with Sr Lydia, it's always a joy to be able to share the Aloha spirit! And our God is a God of surprises!


















Sr Gioan Linh packed some boxes for this coming weekends to Maui. She and Sr. An mei will be at St Theresa in Kihei and Christ the King in Kahului for parish exhibits.
The words of St Paul come to mind in preparation for this trip to the neighboring island of Maui.

"God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in proclaiming the gospel of his Son, that I remember you constantly, always asking in my prayers that somehow by God's will I may at last find my way clear to come to you. For I long to see you, that I may share with you some spiritual gift so that you may be strengthened...that you and I may be mutually encouraged by one another's faith." (Romans 1:9-12)

Bookmark and Share

1 comments:

Cy said...

Have a great trip! We'll be praying for you both and the parishioners! ^^